WNC4 - two points need to be addressed please from the UK user group day

• Eric indicated that an institutional setting is available to control which versions of WNC are displayed – no delegates had heard about this
  • Promised that we will get bullet-pointed account of what has changed in each WNC future release

We are anxious for answers to the above queries as will we need to action in a few weeks time for our new IT build and preparing training materials.

If we can stick with the pre-April release, without the FLOW option, and restrict institutional downloads to this, then that would be great. 

Could you advise on these two points please and what else was in the April release in case we do need to go with this one?

Can you also advise on forthcoming WNC releases and possible changes?

Kind regards,

Hannah

Views: 384

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Hannah,

Hope all is well. To set what version of WNC that your site would like to support, it is done in the Admin Tool, look under Subscriber, then under Subscriber Information. You will set Latest version, or your choice of an older one. There is a setting for Mac and Windows users.

The only difference with the April release is that we added the ability to log into Flow or RefWorks for our duel sites. We are working on a new version which has a handful of formatting bug fixes. We are working on a release date.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Christine on behalf of the RefWorks Team

I went in to Admin to set our verstion to WNC III, but it will only allow WNC 4 (various versions). Our institution can't use WNC4 for technical reasons. We had our IT and RefWorks working on it for a year, so no, it's just not possible.

We tell our users that WNC III is all that we can support, and no one should use WNC4 at home either, as WNC III and WNC4 don't work together.

It would have been nice to put that setting in our Admin...

Thank you Christine, but which version of WNC do we want please?  I want to set the version before you introduced the FLOW add-on - 4.2.1141?

Which is the MAC version without this addition too please?

There are only 3 options listed - what happens if you introduce more updates over the course of this year and we want to stick for this year to the one selected above?  Will this drop off the admin menu settings and push us back to latest?  

Thanks

Hi Hannah,

4.2.1141 for Windows and 4.2.1133 for Mac. No we will not remove an instance of WNC if we add new ones.

I am getting the emails on replies. Is anyone else having issues?

Christine

Hello Christine, can you confirm please whether 4.2.1141 works with word 2013 or which releases work with this?  We ideally need a word 2013 version without FLOW.  Thank you.

Also, I am set up to follow these discussions but I don't receive emails when there are responses which makes things very difficult to track - is everyone else receiving emails from replies to discussions?  I am set to follow this discussion but did not know you had replied, only by chance was checking on something else....

Hi Christine, I am not getting any email responses and have had feedback at a recent conference that others are not either - I have checked with my IT team here and emails are not being blocked at our end - this is really troublesome as I do not know when you have replied or when new discussions have been posted and also won't receive product updates - please could you investigate this with the ning developers as it really is an issue and let me know - ideally via hannah.young@solent.ac.uk

Hi Hannah, 

Sending this as a test. I believe you do not receive notifications of your own posts.

Sophie 

RSS

Events

Forum

'Save to RefWorks' not working with Internet Explorer (IE) 1 Reply

"Save to RefWorks' utility doesn't appear to work in IE (Internet Explorer). Has anyone else experienced this issue?Continue

Started by Lucy Walton in RefWorks. Last reply by Jana Machonska Nov 14, 2019.

Removing [doi] from PubMed references

Hello,references imported to RefWorks from PubMed include in the DOI field not only DOI identifier but also [doi] at the end, e.g.: 10.1007/s00726-017-2524-0 [doi].Did anybody find a way how to…Continue

Tags: PubMed, DOI, style, citation

Started by Jana Machonska in RefWorks Nov 13, 2019.

New Refworks - adding page number, APA citation style, Google Docs

Hello!I am using Google Docs for a paper and trying to add the page number for an APA citation. The page number box is greyed out. I don't see a way to activate it. Does anyone have a suggestion?…Continue

Tags: number, page

Started by KM in RefWorks Aug 27, 2019.

Mac users and Reference Citation Manager

We recently learned that Mac users with Word 2016 need to use Reference Citation Manager for in-text citations and that the only way to get this is through a Microsoft Add-in that has not been…Continue

Tags: Citation, Manager, Reference, 2016, Word

Started by Stephanie Larrison in RefWorks Aug 6, 2019.

© 2021   Created by RefWorks Team.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service