This is a permanent thread where all RefWorks product updates will be posted. You can be alerted each time a product update is announced on this discussion thread -- simply select the "Follow" option below, and you will receive alerts via email.
ProQuest Flow and RefWorks have expanded support hours and added a new toll-free support number. Please note that the old phone number +1-(775)-327-4105 will forward all incoming calls directly to the new support line. For the benefit of users at your institution, we recommend that you update the number on your current Flow and/ or RefWorks documentation. Thank you.
789 E. Eisenhower Parkway
Ann Arbor, MI 48106-1346
Toll free: 800-521-0600 ext. 74440
firstname.lastname@example.org for Flow
email@example.com for Refworks
firstname.lastname@example.org for Pivot
Live Support Phone Hours
Pacific Time Zone:
Monday – Thursday 5:00 am – 8:00 pm PT
Friday: 5:00 am – 5:00 pm PT
Sunday – 11:00 am – 8:00 pm PT
Emails are monitored and responded to 7 days a week.
Product Update: New Release of ProQuest For Word (WNC) for PC and Mac
We are pleased to announce a new release of ProQuest for Word for PC (v. 4.4.1272) and Mac (v. 4.4.1225). With the latest versions, we have resolved the following issues:
• Deleted references no longer download to your local database
• When Auto Sync option is selected, it remains selected unless de-selected by user
• Documents with citations inserted using One Line Cite View (RefWorks users only) will automatically be converted for use with PQFW 4 and above
• Folder names with Asian characters now sync correctly
• Paragraph spacing will no longer be changed when using a style that contains stylized text such as italic, bold, etc.
• Extra spaces appearing in text citations after formatting papers
• MLA title casing issue
• MLA bibliography sorting issue
• MLA footnote citation issue
• Appending of alphabetic characters in the cases of ambiguous in text citations
• Erroneous HTML coding showing in text citations: (Gelormino & Ricker 1994)
• Footnote citation editing issue
• Issue with citing 3 in text citations on one line
• In-text citation inserting and changing it into a footnote in certain styles will no longer change the footnote to appear in superscript
• Changing output formats from one style to another no longer incorrectly formats the in text citations as superscript
• Preferred version settings display properly when using internet Explorer
Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you.
- The RefWorks Team
Dear RefWorks Admins,
Due to a recent security threat reported widely in the media called POODLE:
http://poodlebleed.com/ The RefWorks Team has disabled SSL v3 from RefWorks. If you are using some versions of EZProxy you will see an error when logging into RefWorks: “Connection refused by www.refworks.com, please try again.”
EZProxy has released a patch that when installed will communicate with RefWorks with other supported versions of communication (OpenSSL) that do not contain the same threats. EZProxy version 5.7.42 is now being recommended. Details can be found at http://www.oclc.org/support/services/ezproxy/documentation/download.en.html
As always please feel to use this forum for any questions or concerns or contact refworks.support@proquest .com.
Christine Capen on behalf of the RefWorks Team
We have posted the new WNC for Mac to our servers. 4.4.1225 is compatible with OSX 10.10. This new version fixed a display error for foreign language users only.
-The RefWorks Team
We were under the impression that previous versions also worked with Yosemite- is this not the case?
Sorry for the delay. You are correct that previous versions are compatible with Yosemite. Users just need to make sure that they are running the correct version of Java for OS X 2014-001 which is available from Apple at http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572.
The RefWorks Team
We are pleased to announce that the RefWorks 2015 Q1 Usage report is now available for download from within your RefWorks Administrator Tool. We hope that this new report provides you with some deeper insight as to who is using RefWorks under your subscription, as well as what resources they are using to gather their research.
As always, we welcome your feedback on this report.
-The RefWorks Team